It is only natural that from time to time to feel anxious due to the situations or challenges you face on a daily basis, your concerns can even motivate you to be more efficient or more persevering in pursuing your goals.
But if you end up worrying for no reason or feeling overwhelmed daily with situations that you can no longer control, this is a sign that you are suffering from anxiety.
As you are reading this you might had been diagnosed with anxiety or a related condition, or you just know it. Either way, you will find here a holistic approach and very interesting methods to deal with this condition.
According to the official site of NHS (National Health System):
“Anxiety can show in a variety of ways. This can be as changes in your body, in being constantly worried or changes in your behaviour, such as becoming overly careful or avoiding things that trigger anxiety.
- feel tired, on edge, restless or irritable
- feel a sense of dread
- be unable to concentrate or make decisions
- have trouble sleeping
- feel sick, dizzy, sweaty or short of breath
- be shaky or trembly
- get headaches or tummy aches
- avoid situations or put off doing things you are worried about
- have difficulty falling or staying asleep
- experience a noticeably strong, fast or irregular heartbeat
- have pins and needles
- have a dry mouth
- sweat excessively
- repeatedly check things or seek assurance from others
Anxiety is the main symptom of several conditions, including:
- panic disorder
- phobias, such as agoraphobia or claustrophobia
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
The information in this section is about a specific condition called generalised anxiety disorder (GAD).
GAD is a long-term condition that causes you to feel anxious about a wide range of situations and issues, rather than one specific event.
People with GAD feel anxious most days and often struggle to remember the last time they felt relaxed.
As soon as one anxious thought is resolved, another may appear about a different issue.